RG505 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
|Color||Gray, Turquoise, Yellow|
|Screen||4.95-inch OLED touch screen, resolution 960*544,PSP pixel to pixel display,2x Rendering resolution support|
|CPU||Unisoc Tiger T618 64-bit octa-core 2*A75@2.0GHz+6*A55@2.0GHz|
|Memory||128GB high-speed eMMC 5.1 HS400|
|TF Card||Standard Version(memory configuration:4G DDR4+128G eMMC)-(no game sd card) ；|
Standard Version(memory configuration:4G DDR4+128G eMMC)+128G (compatible 3154 games) ;
Standard Version(memory configuration:4G DDR4+128G eMMC)+256G (compatible 4242 games)
|WIFI/Bluetooth||2.4/5G WIFI 802.11a/b/g/n/ac,Bluetooth 5.0|
|System||Android 12(upgrade version)|
|Games||Support Android games, support 20+ kinds of simulator.|
Support users to download games in relevant formats
|Software||built-in game front-end,Supports multimedia network play|
|Speaker||High quality double horn stereo speaker|
|Battery||Li-polymer 5000 mAh, 2.5 hours full charged, lasting 8 hours|
|TF card||Support tf card max to 512GB|
|Other function||Built-in Hall joystick, 6 axis Gyroscope Sensor, Support OTA update,support built-in WIFI online fighting,streaming,cast,vibrating motor, support 3.5mm stereo earphones,|
energy saving setting, display brightness and other functional properties settings
|Accessories||USB charging cable, giftbox , user manual, screen protector|
|Box specification||length 23.4cm*width 11cm*height 3.1cm*weight0.469 kg|
|Console specification||length 18.9cm*width 8.7cm*height 1.8cm*weight0.286 kg|
Improving RG505M’s Software Using GammaOS
GammaOS is based on LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12). It provides a debloated and performance optimized experience for users who are looking to get the best out of their Anbernic RG405M and RG505.
- Based on debloated and clean LineageOS 19.1 build, Android 12 for a smoother experience. GammaOS includes Google Services and Play Store. GammaOS Lite excludes Google apps and services for extra performance headroom.
- Daijisho launcher as front-end, pre-configured with RetroArch for some systems. (Optimized settings for GB,GBC,GBA,NES,SNES,Genesis,PSX) (BIOS files need to be supplied by you).
- Aurora store included.
- Adguard ad blocking included as default (can be disabled via Private DNS settings).
- Magisk/root included. Ignore any warning about additional setup required, this is a false flag. Magisk is working fine.
- 60hz refresh rate fix for display (stock is 61.2hz and can cause frame pacing issues with emulation).
- Oversharpening display fixed.
- Analog stick calibration for more tighter controls.
- CPU, GPU, Memory now using performance governors for extra performance boost.
- Experimental GPU drivers taken from Retroid Pocket 3+.
- L2/R2 fixed for apps and games with issues with those buttons. Change between XBOX and NS button layout by holding L3+L1+R1. Settings saved across reboots.
- Toggle between performance modes by holding down R3+L1+R1. Options are: Max Performance (everything set to max frequency, uses the most battery life), Normal Performance (scales frequency according to load), Power Save (lowers all frequencies to minimum for max battery life, useful for GBA and below). Recommend enabling threaded video in RetroArch for Power Save mode, or change emulators to less demanding ones. Timelapse of Tetris playing for 24 hours on power saving mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx2tqjy9iKY
- SafetyNet fix, present as Pixel phone: for fixing TMNT etc (Activated by toggling Magisk > Settings > Enable Zygote and reboot your device). Ignore any warning about additional setup required, this is a false flag. Magisk is working fine.
- RetroArch hotkey: (RG405M) Home/Back button / (RG505) Select Button
- RetroArch menu toggle: (L3 + R3). Choosing the
Close Contentoption closes the game and goes back to Daijisho
- RetroArch shortcuts (Hold hotkey down) + L1 = Slow Motion | L2 = Load State | R2 = Save State | R1 = Fast Forward | X = Show FPS | Y = Screenshot
- Built-in button to on-screen mapping software, alternative solutions can be found in app store.
Video guide here for a brand new install from stock firmware:
Downgrading to Stock Firmware if Required
Video guide here to restore to stock firmware: